Monday, August 11, 2008

Yup, Things Got a Bit More Exciting...

Hey so...we're at the OLYMPICS. It kind of didn't fully hit me until Alison's first game tonight. That game was crazy, exciting, loud. It's so hard to do justice to the atmosphere inside Ying Dong Natatorium...straight up EXHILARATING. I didn't think I would be anywhere near as nervous as I was...but as soon as they set foot on deck, I got a little crazy! International competition is just crazy to me. To have a team filled with the best people out of an entire COUNTRY is just awesome. And since we're at the Olympics...it's the best athletes in the WORLD all in one place. I can't even write coherently because I'm just so baffled by this concept and how MY sister is one of them. My SISTER is one of the best athletes in the world. If you asked me, I would say she's the best, but of course no one ever asks me! :) The game today, was great. Great great awesomely great. I lost my voice a little bit screaming USA and failing to drown out the Chinese crowd that overtook the stands. Heck, they're pretty much taking over the world over here. Hahaha. We took a different way in the taxi to the venue today...which of course went way out of the way...in other words we were worked over by the cab driver, but it's okay because it's so darn cheap! We drove by the crazy looking building, the pool with all the bubbly business going on, and the Bird's Nest...with the FLAMEEEE. SOOO sweet. So very sweet. AND double bonus...the smog was NOT BAD AT ALL today (because of all the rain yesterday) and we saw MOUNTAINS while driving to the women's basketball game this morning (Czech Republic vs. Mali and Spain vs. New Zealand). I kid you not. We could see MOUNTAINS. Ones we never even knew existed...well. I suppose we knew they existed, we just never knew you were supposed to be able to see the things. We got to see her for all of about ten minutes after the game, which was sweet. It was so good to see her!! She's as great as ever...doesn't even act like she's the freaking best child, or athlete, or better than anyone. It's incredible to me. She is flipping incredible. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how the heck I'm related to her! Fine by me, I guess I picked the right role model! :) We are off to the GREAT WALL OF CHINA tomorrow. INSANE in the membrane. I know. I can hardly believe it myself. Excuse the slight craziness of these posts...I tend to think other people will understand my confusing excited babble that I sometimes think is funny...but, my apologies for the confusedness. :) Oh man. Happy....Monday? I think it's Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a NERVOUS WRECK watching the game on NBC. I was up at 4:30 to watch it on USA channel, but they didn't show it, so I went back to bed. Taped the whole thing for you on NBC. Don't tell people any scores in your blog... it'll make us too complacent while watching! I even texted Karla in Alaska when they were down in the first period. My heart was thumpin'. Enjoy the Wall. BRIAN knows that China is surrounded by mountains and deserts and that "there is no back door into China!" Ask him . Claire and John

Anonymous said...

ALLISON WAS A STUD! They had the game on later, around 1 p.m. today, I think? and they loved to show her!! Way to go, U.S.A and best of luck in the rest of your games!!!

Sharon Namenye said...

Hi to all of the Gregorka zoo members! How exciting it must be for all of you! I am wearing my new cool t-shirt and cheering all of you on! USA women's waterpolo is the BEST! What an exciting game against China! Thanks for all of the updates on your blog and keep them coming!