Friday, August 8, 2008

Getting ready!

Okay so..... Opening ceremonies are only 8 hours away and boy am I excited. I have now had a chance to settle into the Village a little more and get the lay of the land. We have also gone over to the venue for training, so we got to check that out and it is quite nice! We have also done some training over at BNU (one of the Universities in Beijing that the USOC has taken over and is controlling so that all the US athletes have a place to train and lift in case there isn't enough time at the venue alone) and that has been great! It is a bit hot and humid here today, which makes me nervous because that is going to make opening ceremonies seem extremely LONG! But I am overly excited that we are able to attend them and I will try to wave to everyone (we'll see if I make it on TV) but if you see me and see me waving it is to you! :) Other than that nothing too new or exciting to report, but I'm sure I will have much more to say tomorrow (or whenever I get the chance to post next)! Thanks for all the support it is really fun to read your comments and I have been enjoying many a wonderful emails! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison,
We are so excited for you! We're watching the opening ceremony as I write this and hoping that I will see you waving to us. The ceremony is unbelieveable on TV. I can only imagine how it is for you to actually be there...Thanks for giving us your inside view. You have made the neighborhood so proud!
The McNairs

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison!
It's the Bucknams writing to you from the Big D in Texas! I'm watching the opening ceremonies now and still looking for you. What an awesome experience for you! You've come a long way from your days of potty training Caroline and watching Dora! We look foward to watching your games. By the way, nice endorsement for Jolt Energy Gum. I saw the coupon in Sunday's paper and couldn't believe it! You're a regular celebrity!
We're so excited for you. Go USA!
Much love, The Bucknams