Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One down.....

Hello! Wow Andrea is VERY on top of posting to the blog, I'm going to get shown up here a little (and she's so flattering it's ridiculous)..... anyway, I'm so glad so many people are watching the games I have had an overwhelming number of facebook posts and such, it's awesome! I don't want to spoil the fun (Claire) but we did end up beating China..... it ended up being a very close game and if you get the chance to watch it (online maybe?) it was exciting.... if not don't worry we have another game tomorrow against Italy. Last night was a great atmosphere for our first game here at the Olympics! We were very impressed with the Chinese.... when we were here in March to play in the test tournament, the stands were full, but practically quiet. Since then they have apparently taken classes and learned how to cheer because it was LOUD!! I was most impressed by our fans however because they were able to hold there own up there battling the large number of screaming Chinese! I definitely heard U-S-A come through! Yeah, so the team was happy with the win, we are back to work today fixing some things that we can do better for the next game and just getting ready for the Italians! Thanks for all the support, I feel very loved. (oh and if you want to check this out, they had an article in the Ann Arbor news a few days ago that was really nice! http://www.mlive.com/sports/annarbornews/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/121835043487540.xml&coll=2 )

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Gregorka Zoo!!
So great to be able to keep up with you all. I had heard yesterday morning that you beat China. Very cool.
We are TV-less in northern Michigan. I know, I know, how does anyone live without a t.v.?? But, we've been hanging out at the neighbors to watch. I have told everyone in the neighborhood about you all.
I'll be back at Slauson next week and will be taping as much of the games as possible.
Thanks for posting. It is unreal and exciting!!!
Take care,
Jan MacKenzie

Anonymous said...

We are so excited to be watching you and the USA Women's polo team. We watched the USA-China event twice! Once online at 5:00 a.m. and then at noon when NBC televised it.
Andrea's enthusiasm and pride for her sister and the team is heartwarming! I check the Blog site several times a day to catch up with you.
Go USA!
Your Traverse City Cousins

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a great win over China! We are watching, reading and cheering heartily from A2! the Baily's

bretts sis jes said...

So FYI, I printed your bio and team schedule and posted on my door at work (at ESPN). :) Everyone's cheering for you here! I watched the game on Monday, amazing! But I have to ask, how is your face? Nice blocking! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Alison,

We were wondering how your face was also. YIKES! The boys were impressed! We're excited for the next game. Good Luck!
All the Lyghtel's

Anonymous said...

Some of the Chicago cousins watched the online and some the NBC partial replay of the China game. Alison, you look great on TV!We looked for the USA fan shots but saw no Gregorkas unless you had your faces painted with a flag.The Chinese team really can stay out of the water a long time and I can only imagine how pumped up they were by the home crowd. We continue to cheer you and the team on with enormous enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

GO TEAM USA! Great blog entries, so exciting! Was able to watch most of the first two quarters USA-China event live before work and will watch the rewind tonight! So proud and happy for Alison and all the Zoo! Congratulations and good luck in the Italy game! YEAH!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so exciting! Great goal yesterday, Alison! Paul says he likes the beach volleyball outfits better than yours, however. What a wonderful adventure for all of you. Patty Vermilion