Ok first things first... Andrea came up with the title of the post so I give her all the credit for that, but I do like it so much that I have been telling everyone that! We moved into the Olympic Village yesterday and it is incredible! We are living in apartments, each holds 6 people (3 rooms of 2, a common room, and 2 bathrooms--one of which has an enormous shower inside!). We all (meaning the entire population of athletes at the Olympics, which is about 10,000) eat in a GIGANTIC cafeteria! It is an enormous tent about the size of 2 football fields and it contains free McDonald's (good old sponsor) and a plethora of other foods, including a giant salad bar, pizza, pasta, asian cuisine, etc. The food has been wonderful so far along with the facility as a whole. The apartments are wonderful, the landscaping is incredible, and the international zone (which is a collection of shops and general stores such as a post office, mini mart, etc.) is spectacular! Beyond the buildings though, this is just a phenomenal place to be surrounded by the best of the best athletes in a huge variety of sports. Today alone I met (and took pictures with) Nadal, the Wimbledon champ, and Misty May and Kerri Walsh, the USA sand volleyball team. SO COOL! Well i have to run, but more to come (and maybe even some pictures..... I just have to figure out what is allowed because there are very strict blogging restrictions with regard to pictures).
3 comments:
Love your blog! Can't wait to see all the gregorkas in China...Go USA!!!
The Steffens gang
Hey Alison,
It's great to hear all about your experience. We'll be cheering for you down here in Georgia! Take care.
Much Love,
All the Lyghtel's
Hey Alison,
You even have time to notice the landscaping, what do they put in their containers?!
Aunt Gail
Post a Comment